Helping You Heal…Naturally
By its very construction, the body is designed to heal itself. My Mission is to help reverse and prevent complex medical problems at the root cause level…naturally.
When illness or disease takes root, there is an imbalance in the physiologic, metabolic, psycho-emotional, lifestyle, social and environmental factors that form the foundation of each and every one of us.
Where modern medical practices work to treat symptoms and manage disease, I work with each of my patients to uproot the disease and cultivate a plan of healing and wellness.
- I received my medical training at Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington where I was trained as a Primary Care Provider in Naturopathic Medicine.
- I have received specialized and prolonged Naturopathic training in Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and autoimmune disease management. I take the approach through the very Naturopathic lens of GI health being at center of most systemic problems.
- Supporting people with Urinary Tract Infections is another area of clinical specialty.
- I practice constitutional medicine, which is primarily informed by training in clinical herbalism and Ayurveda.
- As an herbalist, I employ the art and science of botanical medicine formulation, creating individualized medicine for each person based on them as a whole.
- I excel in drug-free pain management for almost any chronic condition utilizing functional medicine and biofeedback.
- Patients of all ages welcome.
While I specialize in nutraceuticals, I strongly believe in the Hippocratic principle: “Let thy food be thy medicine.” With this in mind, I’ll teach you about the gut-brain axis, empowering you from the inside out.
From neurological disorders and gut health, to muscular injuries and degenerative diseases, put my experience as a Naturopathic Doctor, Herbalist and Craniosacral Therapist, and Massage Therapist in Winston-Salem to work, and discover paths to healing and wellness you may never realize otherwise.
I view symptoms as the body’s attempt to communicate and correct imbalances. By turning up the volume on the mind and body connection, I teach you how to speak the language of your unique system. The mind and body can only be considered together when facing any condition and when taken together with diet and lifestyle, a truly holistic perspective is born. I weave your care plan from threads of complementary disciplines like biofeedback, clinical herbalism and I use something called physical medicine which includes spinal manipulation and soft tissue treatments as well as visceral manipulation and craniosacral therapy. My practice is reinforced by the crossroads of the nervous and immune system responses to our physical, mental/emotional and spiritual environments.
How Can I Help You?
Many of my patients have spent years under the care of conventional medical practitioners. When their symptoms change, their medications change, but their overall doesn’t really improve. When people visit me at the Naturopathic Health Clinic of NC in Winston-Salem, they see the investment in time and resources I make to develop the right plan specific to their needs.
Naturopathic Services From Dr. Blake
- Holistic Health Assessment – Allow up to two hours for your first assessment, and an hour for follow up visits and treatment
- Nutrition Counseling
- Lab/Blood Work Interpretation
- Individualized Botanical Formulation
- Physical and Functional Medicine, Including Massage and Craniosacral Therapy
- Drug-Free Pain Therapy
- Medically Supervised Detox
- Rasayana Yoga
- Holistic Retreats
The most common conditions supported by Naturopathy:ADHD, Allergies, Anxiety, Arteriosclerosis, Arthritis, Asthma, Atherosclerosis, Athletic Performance and Injury, Autoimmunity, BPPV, Chronic Bronchitis, Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Infections, Chronic Pain, Depression, Type 2 Diabetes, Eczema, ED, Fibromyalgia, GERD, GI complaints, Headaches, Herpes, Hypertension, Insomnia, IBS, Migraines, Neurodegenerative Diseases, Psoriasis, Shingles, Smoking Cessation, just to name a few.